Cole's Moveable Feast

Cole's Moveable Feast
Cole

Friday, March 12, 2010

Crock Pot Sticky Chicken and Rice

I adapted this one from my friend Ashley's recipe found on her beautiful and inspiring blog What's For Dinner (see blog list on right side). I love my slow cooker, as will become apparent as this site evolves. NOTE: When I made this subsequently with real peanut butter, I had to use nearly 4 cups of chicken broth.

2 tablespoons vegetable or extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter or sunflower seed spread
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 cup brown rice
2 cups chicken stock (or 1 cup stock and 1 cup white wine)
2 - 4 boneless chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)

Stir all ingredients together in slow cooker (except chicken) until well blended. Lay chicken breasts on top and press down until just covered with liquid. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours, until all liquid has been absorbed. Before serving, shred chicken with two forks and stir into rice. Serves 4 to 6.

I served this with field greens dressed in a mustard vinaigrette (Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil).

1 comment:

  1. Nic, I love that you were able to adapt this recipe and that you have started your own recipe blog! I look forward to all your future recipe posts!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.